WHAT IS ~OKEANOS-KNOSSOS?
~okeanos-knossos is GRNET's cloud service for the Greek Research and Academic Community. The "cyclades" service enables users to create virtual machines that are connected to the Internet and also have the desired technical specifications. Within few minutes, the user can choose the operating system, the processing power, and the size of RAM memory that the virtual machine will be built with. The users are also able to connect their virtual machines through local virtual networks.
- What is ~okeanos-knossos?
- Who will be able to have access to the ~okeanos-knossos service?
- Why should I use ~okeanos-knossos? In what ways this service benefits me?
- What about the software I can install and use with my VMs?
- I have registered with the service but no confirmation mail has been sent to me yet.
- Where should I ask for help about problems I encounter with my virtual machines or with my account?
- What web browser should I use to access the ~okeanos-knossos service?
- What are the requirements for my computer in order to use ~okeanos-knossos?
- What Operating Systems are available to install on my VMs?
- What factors affect the performance of the Virtual Machines?
- Does ~okeanos-knossos support nested virtualization?